Saturday, October 15, 2005

I Aten't Dead

Well!

I've been keeping busy of late. Been working on loads and loads of school projects. It's been hectic, but pretty darned fun too! No time for a proper post but here's a few of the media I've been consuming lately:

TV:
Densha Otoko (Train Man)- a very cool Japanese TV series based on the most fascinating Internet phenomenon I've heard of in years. This warrants it's own longish post sometime in the future!

Eureka Seven- new anime by the director of Rahxephon. It's got robots who surf through the air. Very nice.

Music:
Goldfrapp's Supernature- A very sexy album indeed.

Sigur Ros's Takk- Absolutely beautiful new album from the Icelandic band. The 1st single Glosoli is a masterpiece. It's got a great, GREAT video too!

Kate Bush's The Kick Inside, The Dreaming and Hounds of Love- I lament never having heard of this lady before! Pure class, this. Some of the finest pop music I've ever heard.

Harvey Danger's Little by Little- What an awesome rock album! And you can download it free on their site! I love you, Harvey Danger!

Super Furry Animal's Love Kraft- I didn't quite like this at first but it's really grown on me! Good stuff, this.

Movies:

The Corpse Bride- Tim Burton's return to stop-motion animation is an absolute delight for an animation fan like me and packs a sweet story to boot! Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! Danny Elfman's score and songs are out of this world!

No comments: