Monday, July 09, 2007

Back in da Singapura

Our journey back to Singapore was- surpisingly- more agreeable than the journey to Wellington, though we actually had to wait longer at Sydney airport (where we had to transit on both trips as there isn't a direct flight from Singapore to Wellington or vice versa) this time around. Watched Disney's "Meet the Robinsons" on the flight to Singapore, and I was pleasantly surprised by its quality. 2007's turning out to be a pretty good year for animation, what with this, Surf's Up (a surprisingly great animated film from Sony Imageworks) and of course Pixar's Ratatouille- which was recently released in the USA to near-universal praise but is sadly only coming out in Singapore on the 30th of August (movie distributors of Singapore, why do you torture us so?). Anyway, its back to work for me tomorrow (or rather today!) and I'm still a bit jet-lagged, so I'll have to skip my explanation of why our journey back here was better than the journey to Wellington, and why I generally despise air travel in general, and save it for another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hazylium, I enjoy reading your posts. I send you an email sometime ago but you must have missed it when you were in New Zealand.

I can't wait to catch Surf's Up and Rat too, its actually quite rare that Ratatouille is going to be released earlier here in Japan than in Singapore.