Friday, February 10, 2006

Aardman's New Film is Flushed Away

No really. It's called Flushed Away. It's about an upper-class rat who get's involved in some brouhaha with the, ahem, underworld. What's interesting about this film (I mean, besides the fact that it's by AARDMAN!) is that it's a CGI movie, not a claymation, which marks a first for the studio. I'm a bit tremulous because the film's a co-production between Aardman and Dreamworks, whose animations I don't quite fancy (I liked Shrek, didn't love it though, didn't care for the sequel much and just HATED Shark Tale). But this new trailer for Flushed Away looks promising. The film seems like it'll retain Aardman's trademark visual style, character design and wry, British sense of humour so that's all right by me. Aardman's made some of my very favourite animations so I'm looking forward to this greatly, if a bit nervously.

No comments: