Monday, February 27, 2006

Cheating in NUS? You don't say?

Found this rather interesting post about cheating in NUS via Tomorrow.sg. The blogger quite rightly points out that many NUS students have a very blase attitude towards cheating, regarding it as just another way to get the highest possible grade on their assignments/tests/etc. He raises a very good question- what does it mean to get such high grades when you've compromised your integrity to do so? I'm in the School of Computing and I've seen more than a few examples of this myself. Personally, I think it's just sad that the rat-race mentality, shared by too-many people in this country, leads to this kind of behaviour.

1 comment:

JH said...

Yes sad, but its the truth. Some told me its alright since everyone is doing it. I was so appalled.