Saturday, November 05, 2005

Mashed-up Music

I've been hunting for mashups (remixes where 2 or more songs are mixed together) after listenin to the excellent M.I.A. vs Madonna mashup I linked to yesterday. There's quite a few DJs doing this mashup thing nowadays and some of them are pretty darn good. Here's a few tracks I like:

Superlangalang! - M.I.A. vs Super Mario Bros Theme by Josh Console. Quirky and utterly, utterly cool. The Super Mario theme is just... immortal.

Radio Hollaback- Clash vs Gwen Stefani (2nd song in the list. check out the other tracks too!) by Party Ben. Oh yeah, this one's fun. The Clash's superbly dancey 'This is Radio Clash' mixed with Gwen's 'Hollaback Girl'. Funky!

Since you ain't me- Kelly Clarkson's vs Frank Black (4th from bottom) byDivide and Kreate. I love Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone- total guilty pleasure. I haven't listened to Frank Black's solo work but the Pixies is, you know, legendary. His music adds a gritty edge to her singing. Nice mix.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed mashups are excellent. do a little search on partyben or gybo. Have fun..