Wednesday, March 08, 2006

X3: The Last Stand

The new X-Men movie gets a subtitle and a new trailer. I had my reservations about the movie after watching the previously-released teaser trailer, but I have to admit this trailer looks pretty good. The movie looks to combine elements of the classic Chris Claremont Dark Phoenix storyline, the mutant cure story from Joss Whedon's recent Astonishing X-Men (actually the idea of a mutant cure dates back to before Astonishing, but I don't know where it actually originated) and a bit of Grant Morrison's New X-Men (Magneto destroying the Brooklyn Bridge with his powers). I'm going to give Brett Ratner the benefit of doubt and hope he turns out a worthy sequel to finish up the X-Men trilogy (I'm betting they don't make any more for quite some time, especially given that the plan seems to be to spinoff Wolverine into his own movie). We'll find out in May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fucking awesome.